Create a Website Account - Manage notification subscriptions, save form progress and more.
Complaints should be sent to the Fire Prevention Bureau. Email Fireprevent@eastchesterfd.com // Telephone 914-723-2784
Show All Answers
The goal of fire prevention is to educate the public to take precautions to prevent potentially harmful fires and be educated about surviving them. It is a proactive method of preventing fire-based emergencies and reducing the damage caused by them.
Smoke detectors should be replaced every 10 years. Carbon monoxide detectors every 10 years.
Smoke detectors should be located in all bedrooms, outside the bedrooms, and at least one on every floor of the house.
If the detector activates, leave the area immediately and call 911. Carbon Monoxide is an odorless and colorless gas that causes severe medical complications in high doses. The only way to protect yourself is to install the proper detectors. Install detectors within 15 feet of all bedrooms and on every floor with a carbon monoxide source.
The Eastchester Fire District endeavors to inspect all multiple dwellings (three family and above) and all commercial buildings annually. These inspections are carried out by the Fire Prevention Bureau. Call Fire Prevention 914-723-2784 or email Fire Prevention to schedule an inspection or ask questions.
The Eastchester Fire District offers fire safety presentations. Appointments are scheduled through the Fire Prevention Bureau which can be reached at 914-723-2784 or by emailing Fire Prevention
Contact the Fire Prevention Bureau by calling 914-723-2784 or e-mail Fire Prevention so our firefighters will be aware of your situation during an emergency. Keep a telephone in your bedroom at night so you can call 911 if you are unable to exit safely.
Extension cords are for temporary use only. Never use extension cords for appliances like refrigerators, microwaves, or air conditioners. Never overload a power strip or surge protector. Do not plug refrigerators, microwaves, air conditioners, or other appliances into a power strip or surge protector. Do not run the cord for the power strip under a rug or through a wall. Unapproved cube adaptors should never be used. Never overload a receptacle.